Friday, July 1, 2016

The World's Best Executive Education Programs

Best Executive Education Programs - The International Institute for Management Development (IMD) has done it again. Swiss Lausanne-based school, holding the lead for the 2,012 top executive education program at The Financial Times' 2013 rankings published earlier this week.

IESE Business School in Spain, jumped two places to claim second, while Harvard Business School falls two rungs to fourth, despite topping each school for the quality of teaching and to place second in the "aims achieved" by program participants. Thunderbird School of Global Management remains stable and continues to rank third place. The University of Chicago Booth School of Business ranked fifth by moving up one place from six years ago.

A list of the Financial Times' top 70 providers of prices of the non-degree business program for executive-level professionals. Participating schools must have made at least $ 2 million in revenue last year was even considered. ratings put most weight on the survey participants, in which the participants use a 10-point scale to evaluate everything from the quality of teaching with the probability of future use. At least 20 percent of the program participants must answer a survey for the school to make the list. Results comprise 80% of the ranking - school data used to determine the remaining 20%.
Best Executive Education Programs
Best Executive Education Programs
How credible is this rank? Each survey puts Thunderbird front of the highly respected business schools, such as Harvard, Stanford, Wharton and Chicago Booth justifiably raised eyebrows. After all, most of the participants will appreciate the program certificate on their resume from Harvard or Wharton more than one of the Thunderbird, despite showing superior schools in the FT rankings. And because the survey of the participants are very much based on how the school measured up to expectations, the rankings is largely a reflection of how a group of graduates felt expectations were met or exceeded by their school. It's not a stretch to believe that the participants of Thunderbird have expectations were not quite as high as Harvard or Wharton.

Whatever one thinks of this ranking authority, it does produce some interesting data. The school that serves up the best food to their executive education participants? According to the FT, it is the Stanford Graduate School of Business, followed by Chicago Booth, Wharton, University of Virginia Darden School, and No. 5 Harvard. So much for the superior European cuisine. And when it comes to facilities, IMD took top honors for the best learning environment, right in front of some very surprising winners included No. 2 Washington University Olin School, Darden No. 3, No. 4 European School of Management and Technology, and there is. 5 IESE Business School in Spain.

More substantively, depending on your viewpoint, the best teaching faculty in executive education after INSEAD Harvard is No. 2, followed by No. 3. Chicago Booth, No. 4 IMD, and No. 5 University of Toronto Rotman School of Management. Darden, commonly known as having the best teaching faculty in the MBA education, sixth, according to the FT survey data. And when it comes to assessing the caliber of one's classmates, survey respondents were most pleased with the quality of their fellow students at Stanford, Harvard, IMD, INSEAD and Wharton.

No comments:

Post a Comment